The Independent Brewers Association (IBA) is seeking beer lovers to join our crew of volunteers at the Independent Beer Awards and BrewCon 2019 in Melbourne. This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved in the Australian Independent Brewing industry at a high-profile beer event.
- An IBA t–shirt
- A box of randomised competition beer for each day
- Beer and industry knowledge
- Industry engagement and networking
- Hands-on understanding of the judging process
- Lunch and refreshments will be provided each day
- Three or more full day shifts gets you a ticket to the Independent Beer Awards (The Indies).
WHAT WE EXPECT
- A team mentality, positivity, professionalism, process-driven and able to take instructions from the operations team
- Attention to detail and integrity of the competition is what makes this event
- We want you to enjoy yourself and embrace the opportunity to be part of an amazing team.
- Ideally availability for three days (if able).
COMPETITION TEAM • SAT 31 AUGUST – TUES 3 SEPTEMBER 2019
IBA competition team helps with the delivery of beer during the judging process and upholds the integrity of the competition.
Only full-day shifts are available. We prefer volunteers to be able to commit to the full three-days but understand this may not be possible. Please indicate your availability on the application form.
Competition Team Duties include:
- Take direction from the operations team
- Assist set-up competition space Saturday 31 August
- Ensure all beer is obtained correctly and in competition order
- Accuracy with competition data (in order, correct beer, proper pouring technique and amount, proper temperature)
- Organising glassware for competition judging
- Opening, pouring and serving packaged beers for judging
- Tap and pour draught beers for judging
- Glass washing and replenishing
- Replenishing palate cleansers on Judges’ tables as required
- Liaise with Table Captain regarding timing and delivery of beer
- Look after your team mates
** Please note: If you are currently affiliated with a brewery entering the competition, we will not be able to place you as a steward, however you are able to volunteer in the staging area and we would welcome you at BrewCon 2019 and Trade Expo.
BREWCON 2019 AMBASSADOR • TUES 3 – FRI 6 SEPTEMBER 2019
Morning, afternoon and evening shifts available for various events
Our Ambassadors play an important role at the 2019 BrewCon. Ambassadors are the first point of contact for greeting conference delegates. They assist with directions, providing information and assisting in seminar rooms.
- Provide Meet and Greet service
- Manage Registration desk
- Assist with Trade Expo as required
- Assist in seminar rooms
THE BREWCREW • WED 4 – FRI 6 SEPTEMBER 2019
Provide bar service within the Trade Expo including Indies Medal Tasting. Experience with draught systems and keg tapping, pouring beer and a VIC RSA is required.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- High level of ethical and professional conduct
- Have relevant industry experience, education and/or training
- Hospitality experience highly regarded.
- Be able to commit to a full day which may require a start time of 7am and finishing when the job is done
- Be able to maintain neutrality
- Sign a confidentiality agreement
- Be available for relevant training and/or debriefing sessions
- Hold a valid RSA for VIC
- only applicable if applying for ‘Brew Crew’ ** (for admin purposes, please upload a current copy with application form if you have it available)
- A current First Aid Certificate is desirable. (please upload onto application form if you have an electronic copy)
If you require further information about these opportunities, please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org