Independent Beer Awards (Indies) and BrewCon 2018
The Independent Brewers Association (IBA) are seeking passionate, dedicated and enthusiastic beer lovers to join our family of awesome, hard-working volunteer crew at the Independent Beer Awards and BrewCon 2018 in Sydney June 2018.
This year will be the biggest and best competition and conference. We need you, your knowledge, professionalism, beer enthusiasm and expertise.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved in the Australian Independent Brewing industry at a high-profile beer event.
We want to provide you with some great perks for your time and expertise in making the 2018 Indies and BrewCon the best ever!
- A cool competition shirt for both ladies and men;
- A box of randomised competition beer and beer prize for each day;
- Increased beer and industry knowledge;
- Industry engagement and networking;
- Hands-on understanding of the judging process;
- Lunch and refreshments will be provided each day, were you can spend some time with the judges;
- Three or more full day shifts gets you a ticket to the Independent Beer Awards (The Indies).
WHAT WE EXPECT
- For the competition, we would love commitment for the full three (3) days of the event;
- A team mentality, positivity, professionalism, process-driven and able to take instructions from the operations team;
- A commitment to exactness. Attention to detail and integrity of the competition is what makes this event;
- We want you to enjoy yourself, have a great experience and embrace the opportunity to be part of an amazing team.
There are a variety of positions available which include the following:
IBA competition team assists with the delivery of the beer judging process and upholds the integrity of the competition.
Only full-day shifts are available. We prefer volunteers to be able to commit to the full three-days, but understand this may not be possible. Please indicate your availability on the application form.
Competition Team Duties include:
- Take direction from Operations team assigned to you;
- Assist set-up competition space Saturday 23 June;
- Ensure all beer is obtained correctly and in competition order;
- Accuracy with competition data (in order, correct beer, proper pouring technique and amount, proper temperature);
- Organising glassware for competition judging;
- Opening, pouring and serving packaged beers for judging;
- Tap kegs and pour draught beers for judging;
- Glass washing and replenishing;
- Replenishing palate cleansers on Judges’ tables as required;
- Liaise with Table Captain regarding timing and delivery of beer;
- Look after your team mates.
** Please note: If you are currently affiliated with a brewery entering the competition, we will not be able to place you as a steward, however you are able to volunteer in the staging area and we would welcome you at BrewCon 2018 and Trade Expo.
BrewCon 2018 Ambassador
Tuesday 26 June – Thursday 27 June 2018
AM, PM and Evening shifts available for various events
Our Ambassadors are an important role at the 2018 BrewCon. Ambassadors are the first point of contact for greeting conference delegates. They assist with directions, providing information and assisting in seminar rooms.
- Provide Meet and Greet service
- Manage Registration desk
- Sell Merchandise & Supervise Book signing table
- Assist with Trade Expo as required
- Assist in seminar rooms
The Brew Crew • 27 – 28 June 2018
Provide service at Beer Stations to BrewCon 2018 delegates. Experience with draught systems and keg tapping, pouring beer and a NSW RSA is required.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- High level of ethical and professional conduct.
- Have relevant industry experience, education and/or training.
- Hospitality experience highly regarded
- Be able to commit to a full day which may require a start time of 7am and finishing when the job is done.
- Be able to maintain neutrality
- Sign a confidentiality agreement
- Be available for relevant training and/or debriefing sessions.
- Hold a valid RSA for NSW ** only applicable if applying for ‘Brew Crew’ ** (for admin purposes, please upload a current copy with application form if you have it available)
- A current First Aid Certificate is desirable. (please upload onto application form if you have a electronic copy)
If you require further information about these opportunities, please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org