Date: 5 September 2019
Room: Bintani Room – Brewery
Non-Saccharomyces and wild yeasts? Why do craft brewers fear to find them? Many craft brewers say it’s too hard to test for wild yeasts: “I just ship and pray”
What is covered during this presentation?
1. Media available – DIY on the cheap or ordered from a supplier
2. Inhibit your House Yeast – What inhibitors are required to detect these spoilage yeast strains
3. False positives – How do I know I’ve inhibited Saccharomyces house yeasts? Why are they still growing?
4. We have bad growth – How to review spoilage yeast samples including basic identification
5. Increase the depth – How can I take more sample volume but still detect the problem yeast?
6. Saccharomyces var diastaticus, what is it? How to detect it? 7. What new technologies are available